Pages

13.8.11

Traveling Locavore


I love a car trip!  There is nothing more exhilarating, and exhausting at the same time.  It gives you the freedom to pack with much more flexibility.  I have some wonderful friends who are pitching in to take care of our precious garden while we are gone.  Since we are taking a family vacation with our friends in our gourmet club, there will be loads of cooking in addition to hiking in the fresh mountain air.  As I empty our produce-filled fridge into a cooler for our long drive to the Rockies, I ponder, then I giggle a little.  After all of this work, what will my food miles be?  Is it still local once I drive with it 1000 miles before I cook with it?  The things this traveling locavore thinks about!

Have a great week all!
~Amy

1 comment:

Jude said...

Have a great road trip!